Products tested for type approval may include:
- Testing related to EU type approval
- Testing related to multi-stage EU type approval
- Testing related to small series type approval
- Vehicle components and systems
- Towbars, trailer hitches, and hitch attachment brackets (E-regulation 55)
- Metal fuel tanks (E-regulation 34)
- Rear underrun protection components (E-regulation 58)
- Side-impact protection components (E-regulation 73)
- Steering devices (E-regulation 79)
Items tested according to standards may include:
- Cab strength tests according to ISO 3471-1, ISO 3449, ISO 8082-1 and -2, ISO 8083, and ISO 8084 (Maximum test frame load is 2000 kN, and the lowest test temperature is -20°C)
- Body structures of commercial vehicles (EN 12642)
- Sound power level of machinery or equipment (ISO 3744, ISO 3746, and ISO 11201)
Our partners provide services of an approved expert in the HC class for testing the following requirements:
- Side guards (E-regulation 73)
- Rear underrun protections (E-regulation 58)
- Lighting installations (E-regulation 48)
- Pneumatic brakes
Individual approval is a procedure in which a single vehicle is approved for use in road traffic. Individual approval is intended for new M, N, and O class vehicles that are not ready or completed with type approval. Vehicles imported from outside the EU/EEA that are no older than 6 months from their first use are also subject to individual approval. Individual approval is required if a vehicle is modified after type approval but before initial registration.
The validity period of individual approval is a maximum of three months. The validity period may be shorter if the vehicle’s compliance expires before the three months from the date of individual approval. Under certain conditions, the validity period can be extended with a new individual approval.
A fee for individual approval is charged as specified in Appendix 1 of the Ministry of Transport and Communications Regulation on the fees for services provided by the Finnish Transport and Communications Agency. Additional inspections as referred to in Section 50 e of the Road Traffic Act will be charged separately on a case-by-case basis.
Other Testing and Analysis
We offer testing services tailored to the specific requirements defined in collaboration with the customer. For instance, we have conducted various static and dynamic load tests where we can accurately measure the forces, displacements, and stresses applied to the tested object. We can also precisely measure parameters such as sound pressure and acceleration.
Unless otherwise agreed upon separately, all our testing adheres to our ISO/IEC 17025 compliant quality management system. All tests are conducted impartially and independently as a third party. The results of the tests are documented and provided to the customer in written reports.
Testmill Ltd is an approved expert designated by the Finnish Transport Safety Agency with the codes HA-0002 and HC-0002. The services provided by the approved expert are categorized into two classes: HA and HC.
An HA-class approved expert conducts testing and inspections for national small series type approval, national type approval, and individual approval. You can find the scope of competence for HA-class approved experts at this link.
An HC-class approved expert performs testing and inspections for individual approval, registration inspections, or modification inspections. You can find the scope of competence for HC-class approved experts at this link.
We offer the services of HC-class approved experts in collaboration with our partners throughout Finland. You can find the nearest partner in the Contacts tab under Partners.
Our partners provide HC-class approved expert services for testing the following requirements:
- Side-impact protection (E-regulation 73)
- Rear underrun protection (E-regulation 58)
- Installation of lights (E-regulation 48)
- Pneumatic brakes
- Lashing points according to the standard SFS-EN 12640:2019. Here you will find the partners for this test.